YES Employment Services is committed to protecting the privacy of our staff, clients and stakeholders. We value the trust of those we deal with, and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that you choose to share with us.
During the course of our daily activities, we frequently gather and use personal information. Anyone from whom we collect such information should expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of or other dealings with this information is subject to consent. Our privacy practices are designed to achieve this.
Defining Personal Information
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include an individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual. Exceptions: Business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories, are not considered personal information.
Where an individual uses his or her home contact information as business contact information, and is not therefore subject to protection as personal information.
Personal information gathered by our organization is kept in confidence. Our personnel are authorized to access personal information based on only their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. We also take measures to ensure the integrity of this information, is maintained and to prevent its being lost or destroyed.
We collect, use and disclose personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in light of the circumstances. We routinely offer individuals we deal with the opportunity to opt not to have their information shared for purposes beyond those for which it was explicitly collected.
Website and Electronic Commerce
We use password protocols and encryption software to protect personal and other information. Case Management software used as prescribed by the Ontario and Federal governments and is password protected.
We regularly review our privacy practices for our various activities, and update our policy.
Questions, concerns or complaints relating to YES Employment Services on the treatment of personal information should be emailed to: KGunn@yesjobsnow.com.
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your personal information may be found on the website of the Privacy Commissioner at www.privcom.gc.ca.
YES Employment Services is committed to protecting the privacy of our staff, clients and stakeholders.
- All staff of YES will be informed of YES’ policies regarding privacy;
- All staff will be fully informed of privacy legislation and our staffs’ role in ensuring there is no inappropriate disclosure of information;
- YES will not alter any forms as published by the MTCU or the HRSDC without the express approval of the MTCU or the HRSDC. All forms published by the MTCU are in full compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, as amended from time to time;
- Any information that must be shared with agencies outside of YES Employment Services shall have the express consent of the client. The client in giving written consent will specify what information is to be released and by whom. Any and all information that is shared must be directly pertaining to employability, job-related information or training programs for the client. The consent shall be documented in the client’s file. Information that is shared with an outside agency will be documented in the client’s file;
- The client has the right to see personal information that YES holds about them and to correct any inaccuracies;
- YES will maintain filing systems that protect the confidentiality of information gathered. Safeguards may include locked filing cabinets, password and encryption protection on all computers;
- Disposal of any files shall be done in a manner that prevents the identity of the client to be revealed;
- The Freedom of Information Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, as amended from time to time, shall be regularly reviewed to ensure compliance;
- All staff files and information shall be locked in a filing cabinet. All payroll information shall be kept confidential by the use of locked filing cabinets, passwords and encryption;
All forms shall be reviewed from time to time to ensure compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and P.I.P.E.D.A. / E.D.A.
Questions can be directed to Kim Gunn: 807-624-1880 KGunn@yesjobsnow.com