Community Impact and Digital Engagement Coordinator
United Way of Thunder Bay
1006-715 Hewitson Street
Employment Term: Contract (one year), Full Time
Start Date: November 22, 2021
End Date: November 11, 2022
Skill Requirements: The ideal candidate will have post-secondary experience in a relevant field, including but not limited to: Social Work, (digital) Marketing, Health, and/or Community Development.
Job Description: The Community Impact and Digital Engagement Coordinator will work with members of the United Way of Thunder Bay’s Community Impact team to assist in the launch of a community-level online digital engagement and impact hub.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of the United Way of Thunder Bay’s digital engagement and impact hub.
2. Assist in the management and moderation of the digital engagement and impact hub.
3. Conduct research and share findings on similar virtual hub concepts.
4. Conduct research and share findings on contemporary digital engagement strategies.
5. Develop an understanding of community needs and wants to assist in shaping the digital engagement and impact hub.
6. Engage other non-profit organizations, community leaders, and key stakeholders to animate the digital engagement and impact hub.
7. Serve as the point-of-contact to assist users accessing the digital engagement and impact hub.
8. Promote civic engagement and volunteerism in Thunder Bay.
9. Other duties as assigned
• A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are required
• Candidate must have not previously participated in an NOHFC funded internship in the 2020 Mandate.
• Candidate must be 18 years of age or older and legally eligible to work in Canada
• Once hired, the candidate must reside in the Northern Ontario community in which they are employed.
• Candidate must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon acceptance of employment
• Candidate must provide a clear criminal records check upon acceptance of employment
The United Way of Thunder Bay is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from all individuals, including Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minority groups and women.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Program eligibility requirements can be found here:
Interested applicants should submit a resumé, complete with a detailed cover letter to the attention of:
Robyn Rempel, Administration Coordinator: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: Friday, October 29, 2021
We wish to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.