DIETARY AIDE SERVER (Burlington)
· Company operating name: The Williamsburg
· Company business address: 1893 Appleby Line, Burlington, ON L7L 0G5
· Title of the position: Dietary Aide/Server (NOC 6513)
· Job duties:
o Serve meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner.
o Assist in the set up and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts, etc.
o Set and clear dining tables and deliver tray service as required.
o Assist with the cleaning of dishware and cutlery at the conclusion of each seating.
o Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining area as required.
o Assist with catering and actively participate in special occasions and theme events.
o Assist with the orientation and training of new dietary employees.
o Follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures.
o Comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures.
o Be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it.
o Attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents.
o Attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes that have taken place at the Residence.
o Participate in the Quality Improvement Program.
o Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (i.e. the residents).
o Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy particularly as they relate to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct.
· Terms of employment: Permanent and Full-Time
· The language of work: English
· Wage: CA $17 per hour for 30 hours per week
· Benefits package being offered: Prescription medication, eye care, and dental
· Location or locations of work: Burlington, ON
· Contact information to apply for the job: Stephen.email@example.com
· Skills requirements:
o Excellent customer service skills.
o Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy and hot items and stand/walk for the majority of shift.
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Ability to work with a team.
o Ability to follow safety procedures and guidelines.
o Ability to supervise/lead employees.
o Ability to work under pressure.
o Ability to work in a fast paced-environment.
o Ability to purchase inventory and food items at a reasonable price.
· Required education: Completion of secondary school is preferred but not required.
· Required work experience: At least 1 year of relevant work experience.