St. Joseph's Care Group
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (23-R1023)
Bargaining Unit: NON-UNION
Status: Full Time
Department: Indigenous Health
Site: St. Joseph’s Hospital
Annual Salary: $47,929 – $59,921
Posted Date: 12/22/2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Program Development, N’doo’owe Binesi (Indigenous Health), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting communications activities, events and initiatives with particular focus on Indigenous Health. Key responsibilities include administrative duties, events coordination, and communication supports.
– Diploma or degree in a Communications or Marketing field preferred.
– Minimum one year working in the Communications or Marketing field, or similar experience.
– Experienced in use of Content Management Systems and applications for posting web/social content.
– Experienced in the use of Adobe Creative.
– Knowledge of Indigenous ceremonies and traditional healing practices.
– Knowledge of Indigenous history, culture and worldview.
– Advanced skillset in presentations including the incorporation of graphic and video elements.
– Exemplary written and verbal communication skills with exceptional editing, copywriting and proofreading abilities.
– Appreciation and respect of others’ cultural teachings and understanding and, working within a multi-faith setting.
– Ability to work collaboratively within an interprofessional team environment.
– Demonstrated skills in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Word and PowerPoint at an advanced level.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
- Ability to travel to various work locations as required and provide own transportation
- This position shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC) where indicated, to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
- Offers of employment made to external candidates are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-005 or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.sjcg.net.