St. Joseph's Care Group
35 Algoma Street North
St. Joseph’s Care Group (SJCG) is seeking Therapeutic Recreationists to join our team at our Hogarth Riverview Manor Homes. A variety of positions are available.
SJCG lives its values of Care, Compassion and Commitment, continuing a tradition that began 135 years ago of meeting the unmet needs of the people of Northwestern Ontario. As a member the interprofessional care team, Therapeutci Recreationists work closely with the nursing team to ensure the highest quality of service for the residents.
– Hogarth Riverview Manor is a 544-bed long-term care home with 17 resident home areas.
– Hogarth Riverview Manor provides a comfortable, familiar and home-like environment and specialized in alzheimer’s and dementia care.
– The home fosters resident-focused care reflective of SJCG’s core values of Care, Compassionate, & Committment.
We believe in investing in our people. As a member of our team, you will be offered:
– Competitive and progressive salary – starting at $21.43/hour
– Opportunities to grow and contribute within a supportive team environment
– Learning and development opportunities
– Employee wellness initiatives
– Employee and family assistance program
– Welcoming workplace culture
The ideal candidate will possess a progressive track record in providing exceptional client-centred care as a Therapeutic Recreationist. You will possess the following qualifications:
– Degree/diploma in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation and Leisure Studies with Therapeutic Recreation course content (Therapeutic Recreation specialization)
– Experience in Therapeutic Recreation programming as it relates to programs offered in long term care settings
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Demonstrated commitment to resident centered care
– Ability to work as part of a team and also independently, with minimal supervision
– Computer proficiency, including Word and Windows, email communication and electronic documentation
– Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach and/or Montessori is an asset
– Professional member in good standing with Therapeutic Recreation Ontario (TRO)
– Membership with the Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association or similar related associations
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
This position shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) where indicated, to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
Offers of employment made to external candidates or internal candidates transferring into Long-Term Care are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-006 or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
Thunder Bay, ON – Located in Northwestern Ontario on the shores of beautiful Lake Superior, Thunder Bay is surrounded by the beauty of nature. With a metropolitan population of 120,000, Thunder Bay offers a perfect balance of urban and rural life with something to offer everyone throughout the year. Affordable housing, short commutes, and a vibrant, culturally diverse, and safe community with access to fine dining and the arts, make this community a wonderful place to live, work, and raise a family. St. Joseph’s Care Group conducts its recruitment process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Therefore, we are committed to providing equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure a barrier-free recruitment process. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please provide your accommodation needs in advance to the lead on the search mandate.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.