Support Service Worker
St. Joseph's Care Group
– Current Personal Support Worker (PSW), Developmental Service Worker (DSW) or Social Services Worker (SSW) certificate/diploma from a recognized college program or equivalent combination of education and experience
– Safe Food Handling certificate
– Current CPR/First Aid
– Education/courses and/or experience working with the elderly in a community setting, including medication assistance
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
– Physical ability to meet the demands of the job
– Demonstrated regular attendance at work
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
This position shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) where indicated, to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
Offers of employment made to external candidates are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-005or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.