McAsphalt Industries Limited
305 City Road
Job Title: Liquid Asphalt Terminal Operator
Status: Full-time Seasonal Position
Expected Start date: As soon as possible
Locations: Thunder Bay Facility – 305 City Road, Thunder Bay, ON P7J 1G6
Reporting to: Facility Manager
In this full-time seasonal position as a terminal operator your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to general labour duties as per the instructions of the Facility Manager at a McAsphalt Terminal. You will follow all standard operating procedures and policies established by the McAsphalt Operations department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Manufacturing asphaltic products.
· Loading/offloading trucks/ rail/ marine.
· Performing preventative maintenance.
· Other general labour duties as assigned by the Facility Manager.
Monday to Friday with shift rotations between days, evenings and nights. You will be required to work on different work schedules including continental shifts, weekends and be available to work overtime as required.
· Minimum High School/College Diploma.
· 4th Class Operating Engineer Certificate will be considered an asset.
· A strong work ethic and ability to work in small teams.
· A reliable method of transportation to and from work in a timely manner.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, being responsible, resourceful, and autonomous.
· Ability to work outdoors at heights and in all weather environments.
· Knowledge in pumps, piping, heat tracing, hot oil heaters will be considered an asset.
· Lastly a good sense of humor would be great!
McAsphalt Industries Limited, established in 1970, has been in business for 52 years as of 2022. It is a diversified company committed to the development, production, distribution, and marketing of asphaltic products, related services, and technology. Recognized as the industry leader, McAsphalt offers the widest range of asphalt products from our 26 strategically located terminals, coast to coast, across Canada. The company’s success is based on our employees’ dedication to providing total customer satisfaction by supplying superior quality asphalt products combined with strong, experienced technical support.
Interested candidates are asked to apply immediately by responding directly to this job posting by sending a copy of their resume to email@example.com for this position:
Liquid Asphalt Terminal Operator – Reference ID #: MCA-2066
“At McAsphalt we work together on building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees.”
McAsphalt Industries offers competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits plan, and opportunities for growth and development.
Do not forget to visit our website to learn more about our company at www.mcasphalt.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.