Jr. Party Chief
J.D Barnes Limited
1158 Russell St
J.D. Barnes Limited is the largest organization of its kind in Canada providing land surveying, bathymetric surveying, underground utility mapping, aerial mapping, land information solutions and integrated online data solutions coast to coast.
J.D. Barnes Limited is currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated JR. PARTY CHIEF for our Thunder Bay location. Interested candidates are invited to submit an application and résumé through our career page on our website at: https://jdbarnes.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?id=1370
Reporting to the Supervisor/Manager or their designate, this position is responsible for the completion of specified fieldwork on jobs in accordance with the firm’s technical standards and procedures.
- Collect and maintain accurate and complete records of all field notes, timecards, purchase orders, completion slips and records pertaining to the job
- Responsible for organizing workloads and scheduling his/her crew members as well as ensuring that work is expedited effectively
- Communicate regularly with management, clients and consultants on-site to ensure the timely and cost-effective completion of the project
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Policies and Regulations as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act and J.D. Barnes Ltd.’s Health and Safety Policy
- Perform survey calculations
- Minimal Party Chief experience or a degree/diploma from a survey program or experience as a Senior Survey Assistant
- Knowledge of data collection devices, survey equipment and procedures
- Familiar with survey problems and have experience in all types and uses of equipment
- Possess basic knowledge of survey regulations and standards
- Excellent supervisory ability and time management skills
- Superior communication skills
This job takes place outdoors in varying weather conditions and environments and demands a certain degree of physical strength as you will be carrying equipment (Total Station, Level, Bars and Stakes) from site to site.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter online. If accessibility accommodations are required during any stage of the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department.
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.