Human Resources Generalist
YES Employment Services
YES Employment Services is Hiring a Human Resources Generalist!
YES Employment Services is a non-profit, community-based organization providing employment services in Thunder Bay, Nipigon, Red Rock and surrounding areas. We work with individuals of all ages and diverse backgrounds to develop skills to achieve success in attaining their Employment goals. We are currently recruiting for the position of Career Development Practitioner to work out of our Thunder Bay office on a contract/casual basis. YES Employment works collaboratively with our clients to help them reach their goals in a meaningful way and provides services in line with our organizational values.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating human resources and labour relations policies, programs and procedures and advise Managers and The Board of Directors on Personnel matters. This rewarding position is a diverse opportunity where you will experience a variety of duties while supporting our staff.
MAJOR TASKS WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Reviews and recommends revisions to the staff orientation program.
• Provides orientation to new staff, volunteers and students on placement
• Provides operational assistance and guidance to Internal Hiring Committee
• Plan, develop, implement and evaluate personnel and labour relations strategies including policies, procedures, board manuals, unit operational manuals to address organizations human resource requirements.
• Advise Director, Managers, Board and employees on the interpretation of personnel policies, compensation and benefit programs and collective agreement.
• Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, salary scales and competency appraisal measures and systems.
• Plan and administer staffing, total compensation, training and career development, employee assistance, employment equity and affirmative action programs.
• Manage human resources information, personnel files and related records and systems.
• Co-ordinate employee performance and appraisal programs ensuring a timely schedule of system review.
• Research employee benefit and health and safety practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies.
• Prepares staff schedule and ensures required positions are covered daily.
• Co-ordinates the administration of the staff Absenteeism Program and Agency Time clock
• Maintains and posts Seniority and Services Lists.
• Maintains and posts monthly work schedules.
• Meets with Director monthly for assigned Board Responsibilities
• Responsible for the tracking and reconciling of department timesheets
• Agency’s designate as the Privacy Officer (responsible for the implementation, monitoring and compliance of internal privacy in accordance to funder’s guidelines)
• Agency’s Designate as the Chief Fire Warden ( responsible for the co-ordination and leadership of all fire safety activities)
• Certified Joint Health and Safety Member (responsible for the research, development and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures)
• Office and Tech support as required
• Other duties as assigned
• Supervise RI staff
• Schedule regular unit meetings for Resource Area Unit.
• Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery through ongoing review and evaluation based on the continuous improvement model incorporating quality assurance
• Drive initiatives in the leadership team and organizationally that contribute to long term operation excellence
• Represent the agency during special events or on selection committees which will contribute to short and long term organizational planning and strategize as a member of the leadership team (i.e. general meetings, centre celebrations, other community organizational events that support agency goals)
• Demonstrates and encourages staff to develop leadership skills
• Develops and reviews an operational work plan along with team and staff members to chart progress and provide support
• Develops and reviews a monthly work-plan with staff members to chart progress and provide support
• Yearly evaluation of staff
• Serves as a member of the leadership team to develop and plan strategies as required to address the areas of risk presenting challenges to the organization
• Covers work of colleagues during holidays and/or requested absences
A university degree or college diploma in a field related to personnel leadership, such as business administration, human resources leadership, industrial relations or psychology or completion of a professional development program in personnel administration is required. Some experience in a clerical or administrative position related to personnel administration is required.
Thank you to all individuals who apply, however only those selected for an interview wilt be contacted. Open until filled.
YES Employment is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. To make a request, please contact YES. firstname.lastname@example.org.