Furniture Solutions Installer – Apprentice Lead
Open Mind Interiors
Furniture Solutions Installer – Apprentice Lead (37 – 44 hrs/week)
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Immediate Start Date
Are you a focused individual? Do you sweat the details? Do you want to contribute on a team to help deliver successful projects? … If so, then this might be the job for you!
Open Mind Interiors is the fastest growing contract office furniture dealership in Northwestern Ontario. We specialize in selling customized office furniture solutions and unique products in our market such as demountable interior wall systems, modular furniture, panel systems and carpet tile. We are Teknion’s preferred partner in this region and provide delivery, installation, move management and project management services to our clients from the Manitoba border to Wawa.
Our “Apprentice Lead Installer” will work with our installation team to deliver successful installations of our furniture products and wall systems in a professional and timely manner. IN your role as an apprentice Lead Installer, your day to day responsibilities under the direction of our Lead Installer will allow you to become an installation expert on the product lines we represent through manufacturer certification training courses and ongoing, on-site product knowledge. In this role, you will work with a team to understand all aspects of our processes and operations so that you can work towards the position of Lead Installer – leading your own team to oversee and deliver successful installations. You will ultimately be responsible to ensure a successful installation experience for all Open-Mind Interiors customers that will exceed their expectations.
Immediate Key Responsibilities (as Apprentice):
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with OMI customers, staff and vendors
· Responsible for overseeing all aspects of product installation including: delivery and offloading of product on job site, assembly and repair of furniture products on customer sites, on-site installation in coordination with Lead Installer, complete deficiency resolution.
· To work as part of a crew of 1 to 10 installers on a given installation site – this includes physical installation of product, installation problem solving and time management to ensure that every OMI project is completed on time and on budget.
· Display a positive “can do” attitude and offer excellent customer service at all times
· Implementing our Health and Safety policy and WSIB certification on all job sites
· Proficient use of and general maintenance of company tools
Future Key Responsibilities (as Lead Installer):
· Oversee all aspects of an installation.
· Lead and motivate a team to deliver successful installations
· Project scheduling and resource allocation
· Pre-installation site visits and site readiness inspections
· Warehouse management (scheduling of carriers, coordinating resources required for deliveries and project inventory organization)
· Fleet and tool maintenance. Inspections as required
· Grade 12 (minimum) or College Level education
· Valid Driver’s License and clean, current Driver’s Abstract
· Police background check and obtaining full government security clearances (OPP, MGS etc.) is mandatory
· You are responsible to arrive at work site on your own (within city limits)
· Clean, professional appearance
· Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends on an as needed basis
· Must be able to travel throughout our sales territory as required
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Prior construction, carpentry or installation experience is an asset
· Have confidence and experience using hand tools and power tools
· Have strong interpersonal skills, professional etiquette and superior customer service skills
· Be able to work independently, be self-motivated and highly organized, exceptional time management and project planning is required
· Have proven accountability via work attendance records
· Must be detail oriented and be able to solve problems calmly and effectively
· The ability to fulfill all physical aspects of this job including heavy lifting of 70+lbs.
· Have the communication skills to effectively work with your team
· Individuals with previous supervisory experience are preferred
· Forklift license is an asset
· A competitive salary will be offered for this full time position
· Overtime hours may be available based on project schedules and client deadlines
How to Apply:
· Please email your resume to Andre@openmindinteriors.com