Dock Hand/ Maintenance
This is a seasonal job position at a remote fishing lodge. Ghost River Lodges is a family owned and operated camp located 1 hour outside of Sioux Lookout, ON.
To be successful in this position we are looking for someone who is punctual, as early mornings are a daily occurrence. Since we are a customer service industry personable skills are a must and customer service experience is an asset. Our daily tasks could include boat operations; lawn and building maintenance, portage clearing and general maintenance are the tasks that keep us busy throughout the day; so being physically fit is an asset. Our business prides itself on its hospitality so are we are looking for people who are able to work in a remote team based environment throughout the months of May- August, with the expectation of one position finishing in September.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Daily morning boat cleaning
- Customer care and hospitality
- Carpentry maintenance – skills in the trade are a bonus
- Possible small engine repair, such as lower end oil changes, prop repairs, etc
- Boat handling skills – as everyday you are responsible for portaging customers in and out of camp as well as using a boat as your daily means of transportation
- Willingness to take instruction and constructive criticism
- Ability to be remote for the allotted time frame, as there is absolutely no road access to this location
- Motivated to accomplish strenuous work when the time presents itself and is called upon
- Boat License
- Customer Service Skills
- Punctuality – because early mornings are daily
- Ability to work in a remote team based environment, as well as willingness to work independently for some tasks
- All age groups welcome, but a strong mindset is key
Salary: Monthly Wage of $3000.00 – $3500 based on qualifications plus shared gratuities
Also included in your monthly wages is access to a fishing boat and minnows all summer, three square meals daily, as well as each independent employee gets their own personal cabin to call their own for the summer months. Cabins are furnished including linens, refrigerator, and electricity with outhouse and central shower facilities.
We at Ghost River Lodges, are looking for people who genuinely love spending time in the outdoors, enjoy working in all types of conditions, and being personable with a smile will only feed our environment with positivity. We not only care for our customers, but we treat our staff like family as well. Since we work in a remote community environment, we all spend a lot of time together so we try to do our diligence to be an approachable management team. Our main goal is for everyone to experience and love the diversity that is Ghost River Lodges. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Also please be sure to take a look at our website before applying so that it may help you to have a better understanding of our lodge.