03-MH-24: CASUAL CLASSROOM CLINICAL ASSISTANTS
Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
Intensive Treatment Services–School-Based is a partnership with Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board (TBCDSB). The program provides culturally relevant Children’s Mental Health services and supports for Anishinabek students who are experiencing difficulty functioning in their home school environment due to cross-cultural, social, emotional and/or trauma related needs. The goal of the program is to increase students’ strengths and decrease areas of need through a culturally informed approach. Students receive academic instruction with a focus on language and math while in the program. The program aims to provide students with individualized goals to support stabilization and successful reintegration back to their home school. An emphasis will be placed on transference of skills learned. The program also offers supports to students’ families concurrently to reduce risk factors and increase protective factors for both the school and home environment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Bachelor Degree of Indigenous Learning, Social Work, or Psychology is required
- Three years related experience working with Anishinabek children/youth/families; three years experience working in a school-based service or providing special education programming; three years experience providing clinical interventions in a school-based stetting
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Search;
- Must possess a valid Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate or be willing to obtain one
- In relation to service requirements, as determined by the Day Treatment Services Manager or designate; ability to work flexible hours; work at an alternate agency site in same role for the duration of shift
- Must possess a Class “G” Driver’s License and have access to a personal vehicle
- Must complete a medical and receive the required immunizations as recommended by the local Medical Officer of Health
- Must participate in cultural, social, recreational program activities
- Must participate in and qualify for certification in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training provided by the agency
Hours of Work: Casual – As needed
Wage Range: $24.47 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.dilico.com.