Security Guard Supervisor
1NorthWest Security Services Inc.
1Northwest Security Services Inc.
105 May St N Suite 217, Thunder Bay, ON P7C 3N9
Position: Security Supervisor
$24.00 to $26.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
40 hours per week
Permanent employment Full-time
Start – As soon as possible
Vacancies – 4
Our employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients’ assets and people in the Northern Ontario communities. If you live by these values, we’re looking for you to join 1Northwest Security team.
In the Security Supervisor role, you will carry out all functions, duties or tasks in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and perform in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures providing direction to Security Guards at assigned client site(s) on assigned shift(s). In performing these functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
• Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security guards
• Assist in the training of Security Guards and take proactive steps to provide a safe and secure working environment to staff and visitors.
• Provide specialized security for and monitor access to limited and restricted access areas such as inventory areas, network equipment areas, and employee files and confidential records.
• Conducts regular walk-throughs at assigned sites and security inspections for assigned facilities.
• In conjunction with company management, act to ensure adequate security coverage of all posts.
• Resolve work-related problems and prepare files and submits various reports as required.
• Inspects posts as scheduled and meets with subordinates to outline tasks and responsibilities.
• Meets with clients as scheduled or as needed to provide assurance that all security requirements are being met and to provide quality customer service.
• Carry out security lead or supervisory duties that can include some or all of the following: interviewing, hiring, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and, making hiring and termination recommendations.
• Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have or meet the eligibility to obtain the Ontario Security Guard License
• Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private)
• Must have the legal right to work in Canada
• Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Must have a High School Diploma
• Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including background investigation.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, on the job training, and/or testing):
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable licensing requirements for Security Guards in the province of Ontario.
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet company’s requirements for specific skills, certifications or authorizations specified for the supervisory roles.
• Knowledge of security protocol, operations and procedures including supervisory practices and procedures.
• Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
• Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
• Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
• Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments and write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
• Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
• With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations as the position may be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
• Must undergo the supervisory training/orientation and meet company standards for background and reference checks and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements and site-specific requirements.
• Directing and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
• Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
• Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
• Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
• Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds, occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds, and additional lifting and/or moving ability as might be required for the assigned site.
• May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
CPR and First aid Certificate
Security Guard License
Health Care Plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates can send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.