Labour Market Information and Career Exploration
Free help with labour market information, career exploration and personal assistance with meeting your employment and training goals is available through the YES Resource Area and Employment Ontario programs. Click here to connect.
Link to WorkSCAPE Northwest for regional job leads from 25+ local job banks, labour market information, and career exploration tools.
Newcomers and Immigrants
The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot is delivered by the Thunder Bay CEDC. For more information visit the RNIP Portal.
The Northwest Connector program puts newcomers to Northwestern Ontario and recent graduates in touch with highly networked individuals to better connect to our workforce and settle more successfully in our community. Get connected on the Northwest Connector program website.
Thunder Bay Multicultural Association helps newcomers get settled into our community.
The RFDA is instructing individuals to call 211 for food bank times and locations. Visit their Facebook page for updates.
The Dew Drop Inn is open 7 days a week and serves a nutritious mid-day meal between 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. They provide a safe, welcoming environment where hungry men, women, and children can come to eat with no questions asked.
Visit the Dew Drop Inn’s Facebook page for information.
Grace Place serves lunch on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday from 1:00-4:00. It is a hot lunch take out anyone is able to access. Visit their Facebook page for more information or call 627-9848.
Wellin5 matches you to a registered counsellor who meets your needs in as little as 5 minutes!
Thunder Bay Counselling Centre continues to provide counselling services virtually and in person. Find out how to speak with a counsellor on their website.
If you are suicidal or experiencing a crisis, contact 911 and/or the National Canadian Helpline at 1-800-273-8255 or the National Crisis textline via SMS at: 686868
Career Exploration and Career Management
- Health and Safety at Work – Ministry of Labour
- Employment Standards
- Ontario Minimum Wage increase October 1, 2016
- Ontario Human Rights Code
- Employment Standards – Fact Sheet for Young Workers
- I need a Job – Employment Ontario Programs and Services
- I need a Job – Employment Ontario Student Programs and Services
- Job Search Tool Resources on Monster
- Job Search Tool Resources on Workopolis
- Volunteer Thunder Bay Gain workplace skills by volunteering
Career Exploration and Resources- Apprenticeship
- I want to Work in the Trades – Employment Ontario
- Skills Ontario
- Support to Non-EI Eligible Apprentices
- Loans for Tools Program
- The Tradesperson’s Tool Deduction
- The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant
- The Apprenticeship Completion Grant
- The Apprenticeship Completion Bonus in Non-Red Seal Trades
- The Apprenticeship Scholarship