YES Employment Services
YES Employment Services is a non-profit, community-based organization providing employment services in Thunder Bay, Nipigon, Red Rock and surrounding areas. We work with individuals of all ages and diverse backgrounds to develop skills to achieve success in attaining their Employment goals. We are currently recruiting for the position of Career Development Practitioner to work out of our Thunder Bay office on a contract/casual basis. YES Employment works collaboratively with our clients to help them reach their goals in a meaningful way and provides services in line with our organizational values.
As a member of our team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing coaching, assistance and information to job seekers in all aspects of employment. This position will include working with individuals in both short and longer term interventions. This rewarding position is a diverse opportunity where you will experience a variety of duties while assisting our clientele with their job readiness and search endeavours.
Duties will include:
· Conducting assessments to identify barriers to employment
· Developing collaborative action plans
· Providing information and referrals to other services within the community as required
· Supporting employers to provide employment opportunities
· Abiding by Ministry Guidelines and Standards
· Work towards Career Development Practitioner Accreditation
· Will be required to perform various roles such as Career Development Practitioner, Youth Worker and Employer Relations – Marketing.
Skills & Competencies
· Excellent rapport building and communication skills
· Good knowledge of services and programming available in the community
· Knowledge of local labour market
· Ability to use communication technology effectively
· Committed to diversity and inclusion
· Ability to follow policies and procedures and ethical decision making
· Post-Secondary education in Human Services; priority will be given to Social Worker/Social Service Worker graduates Experience working with diverse communities in a human services role will be an asset.
· Criminal Record check must be provided prior to the start of employment
· Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence, access to a vehicle and Business Vehicle Insurance
· TB Skin Test is required
Thank you to all individuals who apply, however only those selected for an interview wilt be contacted. Open until filled.
YES Employment is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. To make a request, please contact YES.
Reference ID: U-2020-12
Part-time hours: 1 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual