Career Development Practitioner – Contract (2 Positions)
YES Employment Services
Summary: Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor, the Career Development Practitioner provides information, intake, assessment, counselling, and referral services to registered customers and employers accessing services. The incumbent must have the ability to work in a dynamic programming / service delivery environment. Programming and service delivery will utilize or access a majority of Agencies resources.
MAJOR TASKS WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Customer Service Planning Coordination
- Greet customers and direct them according to their rationale for coming to YES through needs / essential skills assessment.
- Register new customers.
- Work with customers to collaboratively develop service plans.
- Develop measurable goal oriented workplans.
- Regularly revisit and update workplans.
- Conduct ongoing assessments to demonstrate progress on workplans.
- Ensure resource & information area computers are functioning efficiently, troubleshoot problems and seek assistance when necessary.
- Provide initial assessments.
- Maintain regular and ongoing positive contact with customers in a way that is measurable (minimum bi-weekly contact).
- Establish and maintain complete file documentation including the procurement of such legal records as necessary maintaining computer database of all customers.
- Monitor active customers and their progress on a regular basis.
- Complete monitors on placed customers.
- Provide ongoing employment counselling/case management and support to customers, throughout the process and during follow up activities.
- Maintain timely follow-up calls according to contractual requirements.
- Refer and pre-screen customers on behalf of employers, ensuring a good placement/job match.
- Develop a plan with customers for marketing their skills/abilities to prospective employers.
- Must be an active member of the team, collaborating with other team members, operating using evidence-based practices, in the best interest of the agency and our customers.
- Keep information brochures and publications up-to-date and adequately displayed.
- Maintain updated job market and labour market information;
- Ensure optimum customer service is provided to every individual customer
- Provide employers with information regarding our job order process.
- Provide referrals and updates information or programs/services available to employers.
- Participates in case conferencing process.
- Generates reports of employer and customer-related activities
- Track and record vacancies filled through YES referrals.
- Develop a marketing plan specific to customer needs.
- Documentation/charting of client files according to program and agency standards
- Markets individuals and YES programs and services to employers.
- Advocates on behalf of customers, provides support to employers/customers once placement or referral has been made.
- Liaises with other agencies to promote networking.
- Represents YES at committees/organizational meetings.
- Provides when appropriate information regarding other programs and services
- Ensure employers are informed relative to YES Employment Services feedback and complaint process.
- Thorough knowledge of program guidelines.
- Participate in strategic planning process.
- Participate in unit meetings.
- Participate in YES staff meetings.
Other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor and/or Director.
Qualifications: Post-secondary education related to social services or human relations. Experience with helping services, familiar with counselling concepts and strategies, ability to communicate effectively with appropriate sensitivity to the client group. Ability to market programs and services. Familiarity with statistical reporting and analysis. Excellent organizational skills to lead groups as required. Valid driver’s licence and vehicle with business insurance required