Janitors, remote Mine-Camp setting, ongoing temporary contract
Workforce Inc. | Peopleatwork
1204 ROLAND ST
We are recruiting for Janitors at a remote mine-camp setting in Northwestern Ontario on 7 days on and 7 days off work rotation.
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces.
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets.
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g., soap).
- Wipe mirrors and windows.
- Maintain outer premises and work areas.
- Utilize insecticides to prevent infestation by dangerous pests.
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.).
- Report major damages and oversee repairs.
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows, and setting up the alarm.
- Undertake occasional tasks of shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- 1+ year of janitorial experience or willing to be trained.
- Strong reliability and attention to detail.
- Able to work under minimal supervision and to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Health and safety oriented.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid Driver’s License, in good standing.
- Reliable transportation.
- Physically capable of lifting and moving objects up to 30 lbs.
- Successful completion of Police Records Check, Type 1.
- All new employees will be required to successfully complete the Internal Health and Safety training.
Location: Northwestern Ontario
Job Type: Contract
Pay rate: $20.00 per hour
Schedule & Hours: 7 days on and 7 days off, 12-hour shifts
Overtime: after 84 hours, if required
Travel Allowance: provided
Meals & Accommodations: provided on site
PPE: CSA approved footwear is required
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Workforce. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
ABOUT WORKFORCE INC.
We pride ourselves on the talent of our people, the capacity we have built in providing available resources and the dedication to achieve common goal – to plan, manage and execute labour as safely possible. We are always interested in speaking with knowledgeable, experienced, and motivated candidates. We invite you to apply for this position by emailing your resume using the subject title: “Janitor, Mine Setting” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit our website: www.peopleatwork.ca or contact us in Thunder Bay at 807.623.6561.