1204 Roland Street
Our client is a leading insurance restoration company specializing in flood, wind and fire remediation and repair. We are recruiting for a Project Manager.
The Project Manager position is critical in providing superior customer service by properly scheduling and allocating resources to meet or exceed our customers’ expectations. Profitability of individual projects is a direct accountability for this role and is a major factor in the overall success of the operation.
- Scoping and estimating losses in accordance with accepted construction and insurer practices.
- Producing estimates and updates in accordance with insurer protocols.
Transfer of current, approved estimate to XactAnalysis, CSM, and Accounting software.
- Data Entry of notes, files, documents, pictures into Xactanalysis.
- Update control points in Xactanalysis.
- Meet and exceed KPIs as established by insurers.
- Manage assigned jobs from beginning to end ensuring Certificate of Completion is signed by customer.
- Work with chosen subtrades and trade staff to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Create and issue Purchase Orders for sub trades.
- Ensure appropriate paperwork for contents related assignments.
- Follow-up with subcontractors, adjusters, and internal staff daily.
- Confirm deductibles upon approval of repairs and ensure payment received prior to commencement.
- Assume administration of other Project Manager’s projects when PMs are un-available or on holidays, including initial claim acceptance and required handling.
- Review mail folder and approve invoices associated with specific jobs on a weekly basis.
- Communicate with management team to ensure major issues are resolved in a team environment.
- Ordering of materials for multiple job sites.
- Actively participate in Project Manager meetings.
- Handle and resolve customer issues expeditiously on his/her files or assist with others.
- Available for inclusion in the after-hour’s rotation utilizing company vehicle for on-call rotation.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improved service and efficiency.
- Attend industry events, courses, and seminars.
- Build and maintain relationships within the industry.
- Other duties, projects and assignments as required.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A college diploma or university degree in business administration, construction management, project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience or related field.
- Minimum three years of industry experience.
- A keen interest in project management along with the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative, team-based environment.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral and people skills.
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Self-motivation, initiative, and an eagerness to learn and contribute.
- Effective at problem-solving and managing issues.
- Ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Strong commitment to safety and teamwork.
- Highly proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- A valid driver’s license and have your own vehicle.
- Construction estimating experience is an asset.
- Experience in construction.
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid driver’s license, a clean driver’s abstract, and successful completion of a Police Records Check, Type 2.
- Participates in the on-call rotation which requires responding after-hours, one week per month, with an established on-call Team.
- Some travel may be required.
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Pay rate: $50,000 to $70,000 per year, depending on knowledge and experience