1204 Roland Street
This position provides administrative support to the educational institution programs and postgraduate portfolio based in Northwestern Ontario. Reporting to the Manager, this position’s primary purpose is to provide general administrative support to various programs in the areas of academics, resident support, and program logistics, while providing direct administrative support for the Manager and Program Coordinators. Other program and Office administrative support may be assigned at times.
- Opens and distributes incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and coordinates the flow of information internally and with other units and organizations.
- Prepares replies on routine matters.
- Prepares, edits, and proofreads correspondence, reports, presentations, and other required material/ documentation. Prepares graphs, charts, spreadsheets, and schedules to aid unit members.
- Schedules meetings, books rooms, and organizes video/teleconferences for unit or committee members ensuring that all necessary arrangements are made.
- Committee support includes creation and distribution of agenda, recording and preparation of meeting minutes, coordination of follow-up required, dissemination of documents, etc.
- Undertake routine administrative tasks including arrangements for printing, photocopying, collation of documents, coordinating catering and travel arrangements, and completing relevant reconciliations.
- Using approved standard procedures, develops, updates, and maintains electronic and hard copy files, which are often highly confidential, to retrieve information using knowledge of filing systems and retrieval.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- A post-secondary diploma in Office or Business Administration from a recognized institution with Canadian accreditation is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience recording and transcribing formal and/or informal ‘real- time’ minutes is required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Ability to conduct internet searches and manage email is required.
- Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures is required.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and/or weekends, as required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbally, written and comprehension).
- Microsoft Teams proficiency.
- Experience in the medical or post-secondary education environment.
- Knowledge of The Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations that apply to the work being performed.
- Knowledge of university administration policies and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of student assessment and evaluation software (e.g., One45 system).
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- French/Indigenous language skills would be considered an asset.
Location: Northwestern, Ontario
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Job Type: 6-month Contract
Pay rate: $24.60 per hour
We are always interested in speaking with knowledgeable, experienced, and motivated candidates. We invite you to apply for this position by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject title: “Administrative Assistant”.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Workforce Inc. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.