Personal Support Worker (Various Positions)
214 Red River Rd
The PSW provides personal care and health maintenance to individuals and families in the home setting within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards, in community health care.
This position is eligible for the temporary $3.00 per hour wage enhancement from the Ontario Government for all hours spent directly caring for clients.
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing companionship, personal care and health maintenance services to clients in their home, within the framework of VON’s philosophy, policies, standards and legislation.
- Personal Support Worker or Developmental Services Worker certification is mandatory
- Nursing students are welcome to apply. Must have completed first year of RPN and second year of BScN to be eligible
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)