Public Works Manager
Township of Conmee
JOB POSTING—PUBLIC WORKS MANAGER
NATURE OF POSITION:
· Reports to the CAO/Clerk
· Ensures that all Township roads, buildings, equipment lands and facilities are safe and functional.
· Supervises the day-to-day operations for the Municipal Departments of Roads, Landfill, Municipal Complex and Cemetery.
· Ensures that all work and operations within the defined areas of responsibility are conducted in a manner that is consistent with the policies and directives issued by the Council and within the budgets approved by Council.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION / SKILLS:
· Related management and road work experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new software
· Ability to document and record information accurately
· Effective communication and public relation skills
· Strong understanding of the Municipal Act, Highway Traffic Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act and relevant laws/legislation
· First Aid & CPR certification (or willingness to obtain)
· Dedication to continuous training and upgrading
SHIFT – minimum 40 hours a week; overtime; on call during times of emergencies and inclement weather
WAGE – $60,000 – $70,000 depending on experience and education
BENEFITS – health/vision/dental care plan, medical/life insurance, disability insurance, matching RRSP, paid sick/medical leave, annual cost-of-living raises, clothing/boot benefits
Preference will be given to applicants who have previous municipal management experience as well as grading, snowplowing and road repairs.
This position is open to all applicants. Complete job description available upon request or at www.conmee.com. Position is anticipated to start in August 2023.
Deadline: June 7th, 2023
Please mail cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Shara Lavallee, CAO/Clerk
19 Holland Rd W.
Kakabeka Falls, Ontario
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants but only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected under MFIPPA and is collected for employment purposes only.