Community Economic Development Intern
Township of Conmee
19 Holland Rd W
Job Description: The Community Economic Development Intern position will provide meaningful work experiences and opportunities, by fostering their knowledge and skill development in the areas of rural/northern community economic development, tourism, events, promotion, project development, business plan development, grant funding administration, report preparation/presentation and administrative tasks.
· The ideal candidate will have qualifications and experience in the following areas:
· Post-secondary studies (University or College) in economic development, business administration, or marketing. Graduates with an educational background in tourism may also be considered;
· First time employment in your field of study or a similar discipline;
· Never participated in an internship program;
· Legally entitled to work in Canada;
· Strong personal initiative combined with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
· General understanding of economic development, community development and municipal administration;
· Ability to plan, coordinate and manage various projects;
· Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment, with multi-stakeholder groups with multiple priorities;
· Ability to compile and present statistical information;
· Strong organizational, time management and administrative skills;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, Internet, Websites, Social media;
· Availability to attend evening meetings as required;
· Have reliable transportation and valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License;
· Other duties as assigned.
The candidate must be a University or College graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Hours: 35 hrs per week
Length: 52 weeks
Please mail applications to:
Attn: Shara Lavallee, Clerk
19 Holland Rd W.
Kakabeka Falls, Ontario
or email email@example.com