Residential Care Worker (2020-RES-010)
Tikinagan Child & Family Services
65 King Street
Job Title: Residential Care Worker (6 Positions)
Deadline: Open Until Filled Competition #: 2020-RES-010 Status: Full-Time Reports To: Direct Service Supervisor Location(s): Thunder Bay, ON
- The Residential Care Worker is under the direct supervision of and reports to the DSS-Residential. The Residential Care Worker’s main responsibilities are to maintain our foster homes through visitations on a regular basis and respond to referrals for opening Provisional and Foster Homes. The worker submits reports, assessments and documentation on a timely basis to substantiate these visits and is responsible for the case management of foster care files. The Residential Care Worker provides crisis intervention and support services to foster parents. In addition, the worker will, in partnership with the Legal Services Worker, focus on Band Representative cases where families/children are involved with other Child and Family agencies outside of our jurisdiction.
- This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Persons of First Nations Ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment). We invite applicants to Self-Identify if Indigenous, Metis or Inuit.
- Experience in child welfare is an asset.
- Knowledge of Foster Care Licensing Standards is an asset. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess skills in planning, organizing, problem solving, decision making, and communication.
- A valid drivers license is preferred, willing and able to travel, and a Criminal Records Check must be provided prior to employment.
- Basic understanding of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act.
- Appropriate educational qualifications and/or equivalent combination of experience and training to manage the tasks and responsibilities of the position. Experience with special needs and high risk children, behavioural problems and crisis intervention.