Tikinagan Child & Family Services
65 King Street
Reporting to the Direct Service Supervisor, the Office Clerk is responsible for providing professional secretarial services, frontline systems, data input and filing services. As per the direction from Tikinagan’s Board of Directors and by Chiefs resolutions, and in order to work in the true spirit of Tikinagan Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin Service Model, Tikinagan has been moving services and staff positions to the community level. Hiring staff based in the First Nations served by Tikinagan is part of our decentralization efforts.
- This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Persons of First Nations Ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment). We invite applicants to Self-Identify if Indigenous, Metis or Inuit. Comprehensive secretarial/clerical training and/or experience.
- Accurate keyboarding skills; Microsoft Word experience is essential.
- Proficiency in recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent self-management skills (i.e., attendance, time management, organized, ability to take initiative and follow through on assigned duties independently). Ability to learn and apply multi-step procedures for data input.
- Excellent personal qualities (i.e., dependable, able to maintain confidentiality).
- Knowledge of child welfare issues in Northwestern Ontario would be an asset.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the First Nations Culture and communities.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence would be considered an asset.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- The ability to communicate in one of the Nishnawbe-Aski dialects is preferred.