Child Care Worker – 2020-CC-020 (4 Positions)
Tikinagan Child & Family Services
65 King Street
Job Title: Child Care Worker (4 Positions)
Deadline: Open Until Filled Competition #: 2020-CC-020 Status: Full-Time Reports To: Direct Service Supervisor Location(s): Thunder Bay, ON
Child Care Workers oversee services to children who are in the care of Tikinagan. The work of Child Care Workers is guided by our Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin Service Model – everyone working together to raise our children.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a trusting relationship with children in care through regular visits and contact.
- Assess their needs and develop a plan of care for each child in care, working with the child, foster parents, local service providers, Chief and Council and others as appropriate.
- Arrange or provide services to meet the needs of children in care.
- Keep the Supervisor informed of key issues and serious occurrences.
- Complete case notes on all case activities, and maintain up to date documentation for children care files.
- This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Persons of First Nations Ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment). We invite applicants to self-identify if Indigenous, Metis or Inuit.
- Interest in working with children and youth. Experience with raising a family, working with children, or being a part of community life in small remote communities.
- Interest in learning new skills. On the job training will be provided. Education/experience in social services or child welfare is an asset, but not required
- Knowledge of and lived experience with the Aboriginal culture, including land-based activities, spiritual understanding, importance of Elders, etc
- Basic verbal and written communication skills and personal time management
- Ability to speak Ojicree or Ojibway is a very strong asset, but not required
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Computer experience is an asset, but not required
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
- Send your job application/resume to the Hiring Committee and include the Competition Number or the name of the position you are applying for:
- BY MAIL: P.O. Box 627, Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1 OR BY FAX: (807) 737-4550 OR
- BY EMAIL: HR@tikinagan.org OR
- DROP OFF YOUR APPLICATION AT ANY OF OUR OFFICES (ask the receptionist to fax your application to Human Resources)