Northwest Newsweek Reporter
Thunder Bay Television News
87 Hill Street North
DougallMedia, Thunder Bay’s only locally owned broadcast/multimedia company, has a rare and exciting opening in our Thunder Bay Television (TBT) News team, as a Northwest Newsweek Reporter.
Do you wish that your communication and personal skills were utilized and rewarded? Can you imagine working in a respectful and diverse environment, where your efforts and accomplishments are recognized and celebrated? Would you like to be at the center of exciting events or developments, and be the one to share what is happening with everyone else? Thunder Bay Television does more than deliver news and current topics, it is an outlet to share local voices and stories within and around our communities. DougallMedia provides a healthy work/life balance in a supportive and inclusive corporate culture. We also offer exciting employee perks such as free event tickets, staff celebrations, and many pizza parties!
The Northwest Newsweek Reporter is tasked with producing news content for a weekly half-hour television show, with the focus on the region east and west of Thunder Bay. Communities sharing their stories include Dryden, Fort Frances, Kenora, Sioux Lookout, Marathon, Greenstone, Terrace Bay, Schreiber and First Nation communities. This position requires travel throughout the region on a regular basis to gather news stories, including interviews and video, developing professional relationships with community leaders to source out new stories, and staying in tune with developments throughout Northwestern Ontario.
Required credentials include:
– Experience in journalism or communications
– Knowledge of Northwestern Ontario, and issues of public interest in this region
– Superior language, writing and editing skills
– Work with TBT News assignment editor to develop lineup for Northwest Newsweek
– Co-operate and collaborate with other reporters, including those in other departments, along with the managing editor and news director
– Flexibility to work a variety of different shift schedules, including nights and weekends when required
– Ability to meet tight deadlines
– Valid Ontario driver’s license
If interested, please click here to be transferred to the DougallMedia Career Centre to begin the application process. Start your new career today!