Thunder Bay Real Estate Board
JOB DESCRIPTION – OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
This position reports to the Executive Officer with direction by the Board of Directors.
The individual in this position must be familiar with General Office duties. They also must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Zoom.
The MLS® Administrator of The Thunder Bay Real Estate Board is responsible for:
General Office Duties
1. Answering telephone; check and action voicemail;
2. Greet members and the public as they enter the building;
3. Respond to general inquiries from members and provide assistance as required;
4. Efficient and accurate Data Entry and other computer-related functions;
5. Check and action all incoming faxes and incoming email and direct to the appropriate recipient;
6. Maintains Membership lists, MLS® system
7. Assisting the Office Assistant and Executive Officer
8. Maintains inventory of resale supplies for members, office supplies and Lockbox Inventory and enquires from membership;
9. Fill supply orders for members and offices, as required and ensures that order form is filed for the monthly billings;
10. As requested, does all photocopying, distributes all flyers, notices, REM Magazine, etc for each brokerage offices;
11. Monitors license expiry dates on RECO on a monthly basis and provides report to Executive Officer;
12. Send out all electronic notices to all members and setting up Zoom meeting invites;
13. Follows-up on any problems generated from nightly reports;
14. Typing Annual Reports and proof reading;
15. Keeps files up to date on all listings received for processing, including checking for deficiencies
16. Daily input (MLS® Sold, Conditional Sales, Price Changes, Extensions and not limited to Amendments).
17. Process all Interboard listings, all sales, cancellations and any other amendments;
18. When necessary, report all problems/concerns that the members or admin staff are having with the effected service providers; shall be familiar with all related systems;
19. As required, trains members and administrative staff, and office staff from the Brokerage offices to broker load listings. Does follow-up to maintain integrity of the MLS® System;
20. Must be familiar with the Board’s By-laws, MLS® Rules and Regulations and Office Policies, Trademarks and Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practise of the Canadian Real Estate Association.
21. All staff must ensure that all matters concerning the Board, the Board’s membership and staff be kept in the strictest of confidence.
22. Receive all deliveries, responsible for all outgoing mail and courier.
Assisting Executive Officer
1. Additional typing using the Board’s Word Processing Software (currently Microsoft Word);
2. Spread sheets using the Board’s Spread Sheet Software (currently Microsoft Excel & Access);
3. Assisting with the organization of Board educational and program activities as required;
4. Setting up meeting room with Electronics and take down, setting up Zoom meetings and taking minutes;
5. Proof reading as required;
6. Any other duties assigned from time to time either by the Board of Directors or the Executive Officer.
7. Backup for Executive Officer when in meetings, conferences and holidays.
a. Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Office, Zoom an asset.
b. Demonstrates time management, Reliable, organized and energetic and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment, good judgment skills.
c. Outgoing personality and ability to work independently, able to meet deadlines
d. Analytical and problem-solving capability, and excellent customer service skills.
e. Knowledge of the real estate industry is preferred.
f. 1-4 years of customer services experience in a service environment is preferred.
g. Strong understanding and compliance of Confidentiality.
h. Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT RESUMES JUNE 3, 2020
ANY APPLICANTS BEING CONSIDERED WILL BE CONTACTED BY JUNE 12, 2020
APPLY BY EMAIL TO: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Mail Executive Officer
Thunder Bay Real Estate Board
1135 Barton Street
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 5N3
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
NO WALK-INS ALLOWED DUE TO COVID-19
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be personally contacted.