Property & Stores Clerk – Temporary – Competition #38-2022
Thunder Bay Police
1200 Balmoral Street
The Thunder Bay Police Service values diversity and supports inclusion as an equal opportunity employer. The Thunder Bay Police Service is dedicated to developing and promoting professionally skilled employees who reflect the community we serve.
We are currently accepting applications for a temporary Property & Stores Clerk and encourage all candidates who are seeking a rewarding career, who value diversity and are committed to providing our community with exceptional service to apply.
The Thunder Bay Police is currently seeking a motivated individual to fill our temporary position of Property & Stores Clerk which is responsible for the control, documentation, processing and disposition of exhibits and property. Specific responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Controls, documents, processes, and dispositions of exhibits and found property.
- Maintains records related to exhibits, found property, inventory and firearms.
- Liaises with Firearms Officer regarding the status of seized weapons and disposal of firearms, and maintains legislated reporting information for all firearms, as directed.
- Prepares disposable items for auction in accordance with retention procedures.
- Answers telephone and counter inquiries on Property and Stores issues.
- Performs the duties of shipper and/or receiver for the TBPS.
- Issues clothing and equipment to members.
- Issues office supplies and stationery to members.
- Drive vehicle to delivery
The successful candidate must possess a secondary school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated experience in a stockroom and/or inventory control and related clerical duties is considered an asset. Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, including the ability to address issues in a professional and courteous manner. Proficiency with Microsoft applications and a minimum typing speed of 30 wpm. Must be able to physically load, unload and stockpile inventory. Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
The Thunder Bay Police Service is committed to ensuring a safe and productive workplace for all employees. As a condition of employment, all new employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless there is a valid exemption pursuant to the Human Rights Code.
Qualified applications are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, referencing the competition number, electronically to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Thunder Bay Police Service, 1200 Balmoral Street, Thunder Bay, ON, P7B 5Z5, no later than 4:00pm on August 9, 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.