Thunder Bay Country Market
425 Northen Ave
The Thunder Bay Country Market is seeking a part time employee to grow and operate the market store, and to become a member of the market team, assisting with other operational functions of the market as needed.
Working closely with the Market Manager, the Market Assistant will run the market store with the aim of maximizing market store vendor sales and market store vendor relationships. The applicant will have previous proven customer service and/or retail experience, with a creative drive and passion for entrepreneurship, small business and the Thunder Bay community. The marketing side of the position requires strong creative skills, working to engage the community to bring Thunder Bay Country Market to top of mind awareness. This team player will adapt to the ever changing needs of the position, be a quick learner, ready to jump into new situations, have an open mind to wide varying needs of different stakeholders, and be able to navigate conflicting requests and deadlines.
· Education and/or experience in marketing, social media development
· The ability to balance a creative mind with an analytical approach
· Assets include project &/or event planning, retail &/or customer service experience, dealing with media, relationship development, exceptional writing/communication skills
· Previous experience with website editing is an asset
· Self-starter and problem solver, with the ability for independent working/thinking
· Comfortable working within deadlines, and able to set and articulate plans and goals
· Strong communication skills required to write customer facing communications