LINE COOK (Burlington)
1893 appleby line
· Company operating name: The Williamsburg
· Company business address: 1893 Appleby Line, Burlington, ON L7L 0G5
· Title of the position: Cook (NOC 63200)
· Job duties:
o Prepare food for and oversee delivery of food to residents, guests, and employees.
o Review menus and production sheets before preparing meals.
o Ensure proper food handling and preparation techniques are used.
o Adhere to time schedules for the service of meals and nourishments.
o Follow daily production charts and standardized recipes while working within a set budget.
o Plan menus and requirements and budget for food and supplies.
o Keep records and take inventory of kitchen equipment and of food and supplies.
o Order food and supplies.
o Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods.
o Prepare and cook special meals for persons with specific dietary needs or preferences.
o Oversee kitchen operations.
o Schedule and oversee kitchen staff.
o At times, hire and train kitchen staff.
o At times, clean up kitchen and food preparation area.
o At times, set up and oversee buffets.
· Terms of employment: Permanent and Full-Time
· The language of work: English
· Wage: CA $17 per hour for 30 hours per week
· Benefits package being offered: Prescription medication, eye care, and dental
· Location or locations of work: Burlington, ON
· Contact information to apply for the job: Stephen.email@example.com
· Skills requirements:
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
o Ability to work as part of a team.
o Ability to follow safety procedures and guidelines.
o Ability to oversee/lead staff.
o Ability to work under pressure.
o Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
o Ability to purchase supplies and food items at a reasonable price.
· Education: Completion of secondary school is preferred but not required.
· Work experience: At least 1 year of commercial cooking experience is required.