Tenant Relations / Placement Worker
Native People of Thunder Bay Development Corporation (NPTBDC)
Native People of Thunder Bay Development Corporation has an immediate opening for the position of: Tenant Relations / Placement Worker.
Native People of Thunder Bay Development Corporation (NPTBDC) is a non-profit, charitable housing corporation, providing safe, affordable housing for persons of Native ancestry, living in Thunder Bay. The corporation has a housing portfolio of 242 scattered houses and apartments throughout the city of Thunder Bay.
NPTBDC is accepting applications for mature, experienced individuals of excellent moral character for the position of Tenant Relations / Placement Worker. Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
- assisting in the development of positive working relationships between tenants, NPTBDC, and the community
- promoting the general welfare of tenants by establishing a network of contacts with potential referral agencies
- develop workshops and/or work with the tenants on an individual and group basis to deal with awareness of resources, home maintenance, and rent arrears
- assist in addressing issues pertaining to the developmental, social, emotional, and physical needs of tenants
- investigate and assistant in disturbances and neighbourhood disputes when necessary
The Successful Applicant Will Possess:
- Knowledge of Native Culture and the Tenant Protection Act, Human Rights and Disabilities Act, and the Health and Safety Act
- The ability to speak the Native language
- A post-secondary education in Social Work or a related field and/or a Grade 12 diploma with 5+ years related employment experience
- Excellent organizational, negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential personal information
The Successful applicant must also be able to communicate the needs of low-income Native families; have knowledge of current office equipment and technology, proficiency in all Microsoft Office software, valid Class-G driver’s license, and access to a personal vehicle.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry, who have experience working with Indigenous people, who also possess an acute awareness of the culture.
If you feel as though you would make a productive addition to our staff, please email a copy of your resume, complete with three references, to: email@example.com