Manager of Information Technology
Superior-Greenstone District School Board
The Superior-Greenstone District School Board is seeking an individual with proven managerial and leadership skills in the area of Information Technology. We are a small school district that prides itself on building positive places for learning and working in a collaborative environment. We believe in quality programs and service delivery to ensure an outstanding and rewarding experience for our students.
The Manager of Information Technology is a key position within the Superior-Greenstone District School Board’s leadership team. Reporting to the Director of Education, the Manager of Information Technology will be responsible for providing leadership, strategic planning, direction and effective management of the Information Technology department and functions in support of the Boards’ vision, mission, values and strategic directions. Technology is used for learning in schools and worksites by a variety of personnel, especially students and teachers. In administration, technology services are used for a variety of applications such as Human Resources, Accounting, Purchasing, Payroll and Student Administration. Videoconferencing, E-learning, Video Surveillance and Cloud technologies are part of the current infrastructure. As the school board increasingly automates business processes and functions and enhances current academic Information technology infrastructure, the successful candidate will have the ability to lead and manage projects through design, procurement, budget, implementation and support for users. The Information Technology Manager will provide district leadership in Privacy and Information Management. As we continuously improve accountability, user satisfaction and service delivery, the successful candidate must possess a defined philosophy of service excellence and service delivery. This individual must be a self-directed learner who seeks growth opportunities and welcomes new challenges and possibilities. The successful candidate is visionary leader with the proven ability to lead and manage implementation as they provide direct system support for various educational and administrative platforms.
Required Qualifications of the Manager of information Technology:
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Community College Diploma (3 year) in a Computer Related Field.
· A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated leadership and management experience in the field of Information Technology.
· Experience in an educational school system in Ontario will be considered an asset.
Preferred Qualities of the Manager of Information Technology:
· Superior organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and successfully complete projects with conflicting deadlines.
· Ability to communicate well verbally (presentation skills) and in writing (report writing skills).
· Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to create and sustain the building and maintenance of positive working relationships guided by the principles of collaboration.
· Customer service orientation with the ability to work collaborative with other departments and stakeholders.
· Project management skills with experience leading change management processes including the planning/implementation/rollout (including training) of new systems/software.
· Demonstrated experience providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to department staff with the ability to engage and motivate all team members.
· Experience in leading and managing in a unionized environment in the public sector.
This is a full-time managerial position within Superior-Greenstone District School Board’s Administrative Management group that includes a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Superior-Greenstone District School Board Office located in Marathon, Ontario
Superior-Greenstone District School Board Learning Centre located in Red Rock, Ontario
email@example.com quoting posting number EP34-20/21 in your cover letter and email.
For further information or clarification regarding this position, please contact:
Nicole Morden-Cormier, Director of Education at (807) 886-2253, extension 102
Superior-Greenstone District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We provide accommodations for individuals with disabilities at any point throughout the recruitment process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org so that appropriate arrangements may be made.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Following the interview process all applications will be destroyed.