Social Worker (Masters) Mental Health Rehabilitation TFT
St. Joseph's Care Group
SOCIAL WORKER (23-R608)
Posted Date: 7/25/2023
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Apply Via e-Recruit: www.recruitment.sjcg.net
Bargaining Unit: Non-Union Health Care Professionals
Status: Full Time TEMPORARY
Department: Mental Health Rehabilitation Level 2
Site: St. Joseph’s Hospital
Rate of Pay: $42.75 – $54.46 per hour
The Social Worker provides services to clients and/or their Subsitute Decision Maker, family members and other support persons in the client’s life when applicable. The Social Worker is responsible for providing comprehensive assessment and intervention that addresses the psychosocial needs of the clients and/or others. The Social Worker is an integral part of the interprofessional team, providing a social work perspective and acting as a liaison and/or consultant to internal and external programs within the scope of practice.
– Masters of Social Work degree (MSW)
– Current registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
– Thorough knowledge of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as set out by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
– Knowledge of values and ethics, theory and best practices of clinical social work
– Knowledge of family systems and family dynamic skills in working with families
– Training and experience working with an adult population with serious mental illness in a health care setting
– Knowledge of community systems and resources for the purposes of networking between the facility/program and other services
– Ability to manage a clinical practice in a health care setting
– Ability to complete analysis, using clinical knowledge, skills and judgement to synthesize assessment information
– Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
– Understanding of the social determinants of health and the social consequences and risk factors associated with client conditions (ie. mental health, addictions)
– Understanding of relevant legislation (Mental Health Act & Health Care Consent Act)
– Ability to work independently, interdependently and participate as a contributing member of a variety of teams within the workplace, community and agencies
– Demonstrated regular attendance at work
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) where indicated, to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
- Offers of employment made to external candidates are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-005 or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.sjcg.net.