Registered Practical Nurses
St. Joseph's Care Group
580 Algoma Street North
St. Joseph’s Care Group has immediate need for full-time, part-time and casual RPNs. We offer a progressive work environment with competitive salaries, benefits and vacation pay. Relocation expenses available.
– RPN diploma from a recognized educational institution
– Current unrestricted registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
– Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
– Familiarity with the Long-Term Care Home Act and Regulations and other relevant legislation
– Excellent communication, leadership, critical reasoning, and problem-solving skills
– Demonstrated understanding and commitment to client-centered care
For new employees, or current employees transferring into a Long Term Care position from outside of Long Term Care, this position requires the submission and acceptance by Human Resources of a Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector Check that is issued for St. Joseph’s Care Group (SJCG) and is determined to be negative and/or pose no significant risk to St. Joseph’s Care Group and its clients..
Reporting to the Clinical Manager, you will be responsible for assessing residents, developing a plan of care, implementing treatments, and evaluating outcomes while maintaining collaborative working relationships with all internal and external contacts and ensuring accordance with the Standards of Practice for the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and current Long-Term Care Legislation.
St. Joseph Care Group is known for living its values of Care, Compassion and Commitment. We are continuing a tradition that began more than 130 years ago of meeting the unmet needs of the people of Northwestern Ontario. Located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, we provide services in addictions & mental health, rehabilitative care & chronic disease management, and seniors’ health. We have immediate openings for full-time, part-time, and casual on-call Registered Practical Nurses at the following sites: Hogarth Riverview Manor and St. Joseph’s Heritage.
St. Joseph’s Care Group cares about “Our People”, and we know that a welcoming, caring, and supportive environment creates a positive work place that ensures employees are able to provide the best possible care to our residents. As a Registered Practical Nurse, you will be offered:
– Rate of pay ranging from $25.74 – $27.04 per hour
– Relocation assistance where applicable
– Competitive and progressive salary and benefit packages
– Opportunities to grow and contribute within a supportive team environment
– Ongoing professional development and advanced education
– Employee wellness initiatives
– Opportunities to participate in research and teaching initiatives
– Tuition loan program
– Employee and family assistance program