Resident Home Worker
St. Joseph's Care Group
35 Algoma Street North
St. Joseph’s Care Group (SJCG) is seeking Resident Home Workers to join our team at our Hogarth Riverview Manor Homes. A variety of temporary part-time and temporary full time positions are available.
SJCG lives its values of Care, Compassion and Commitment, continuing a tradition that began 135 years ago of meeting the unmet needs of the people of Northwestern Ontario.
– Hogarth Riverview Manor is a 544-bed long-term care home with 17 resident home areas.
– Hogarth Riverview Manor provide a comfortable, familiar and home-like environment and specialized in alzheimer’s and dementia care.
– Hogarth Riverview Manor fosters resident-focused care reflective of SJCG’s core values of Care, Compassionate, & Committment.
We believe in investing in our people. As a member of our team, you will be offered:
– Competitive and progressive salary
– Opportunities to grow and contribute within a supportive team environment
– Learning and development opportunities
– Employee wellness initiatives
– Employee and family assistance program
– Welcoming workplace culture
The role of the Resident Home Worker is to interact with and assist residents at our Hogarth Riverview Manor Long-Term Care Home. You will help get residents from their rooms to the dining room or other areas, assist with meals, answer call bells, make beds, label personal grooming items, put away personal laundry, and organize resident rooms. You are a person who enjoys interacting with seniors and enriching their lives. A Grade 12 education is required.
– Grade 12 diploma
– Demonstrated experience and interest in working with seniors
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– Demonstrated commitment to client centered care
– Ability to work as part of a team and also independently, with minimal supervision
– Demonstrated regular attendance at work
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
This position shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) where indicated, to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
Offers of employment made to external candidates or internal candidates transferring into Long-Term Care are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-006
or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.