Family/Client Support Facilitator
St. Joseph's Care Group
Family/Client Support Facilitator (22-R510)
Bargaining Unit: NON-UNION
Status: Full Time TEMPORARY
Department: Adult Day Program
Site: Manor House (St. Joseph’s Heritage)
Rate of Pay: $26.41 – $33.02 per hour
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Manager – Specialized Geriatric Services, the Family/Client Support Facilitator is responsible for service coordination within the Manor House Adult Day Program. The Family/Client Support Facilitator provides ongoing support to clients and their care partners through the use of Social Service Work skills including: supportive counseling for optimal social functioning, system navigation and education.
– Diploma in Social Service Worker Program
– Current registration with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
– Minimum of three years’ experience working with older adults with dementia, mental health, and other neurological conditions, preferably in a community setting
– Demonstrates the knowledge of dementia, delirium, mental health issues in the delivery of care and its effect on the person and family members or care partners
– Trained in Gentle Persuasive Approach, DementiAbility©, Positive Approaches© to Care and U-FIRST/PIECES© required or the willingness to complete training
– Superior ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences that builds support, educates and promotes understanding
– Ability to function and contribute as an effective team member and to work independently
– Ability to use independent judgment and maintain confidentiality of records, actions, and information
– Must be proficient in the use of computers and current related word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
– Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
Will be required to travel to various work locations and provide own transportation
Must maintain certifications
This position shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) where indicated, to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
Offers of employment made to external candidates are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-005or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.