Food Service Workers
St. Joseph's Care Group
300 Lillie Street North
St. Joseph’s Care Group is hiring for temporary casual Food Service Workers for Hogarth Riverview Manor.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Nutrition & Food Services, the Food Service Worker performs a variety of tasks involved in the preparation, service, and clean-up for meals and refreshments served to residents, families, and staff in the assigned facilities. The Food Service Worker is responsible to perform duties in a manner that promotes workplace safety, team work within the department, and follows safe food handling practices.
– Food Service Worker Certificate or currently enrolled or eligible for the program
– Must possess and maintain a current Safe Food Handling Certificate
– Minimum 2 years experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in a health care or long-term care setting
– Must be knowledgeable about Canada’s Food Guide, therapeutic diets Occupational Health and Safety and HACCP
– Previous experience with inventory and cost control in a food service operation
– Good communication/organizational skills – verbal and written
– Must be able to adequately read and write English
– Must be able to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment
– Physically capable of safely lifting and transferring hot heavy objects and standing for the majority of the shift – must be able to lift up to 15 kg (30 pounds)
– Must be able to work accurately, quickly and safely
– Cafeteria and catering experience an asset
– Demonstrated regular attendance at work
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
For new employees, or current employees transferring into a Long Term Care position from outside of Long Term Care, this position requires the submission and acceptance by Human Resources of a Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector Check that is issued for St. Joseph’s Care Group (SJCG) and is determined to be negative and/or pose no significant risk to St. Joseph’s Care Group and its clients.
Will be required to review and abide by St. Joseph’s Care Group’s Policy IMS-04-006 COVID-19 Immunization LTC.
Don’t wait, apply today!
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contact