Community Support Assistant
St. Joseph's Care Group
35 Algoma Street North
Bargaining Unit: OPSEU
Status: Part Time TEMPORARY (Casual)
Department: Medium & High Support Housing
Site: St. Joseph’s Health Centre
Shifts: Days/Evenings/Nights including weekends
Rate of Pay: $22.60 – $23.56 per hour
– Community Support Assistant Training Program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
– Completion of post-secondary education in health sciences, such as Personal Support Worker or Developmental Services Worker training is an asset
– Experience with working with individuals experiencing mental health and/or addiction issues is an asset
– Working knowledge of the Principles of Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Psychopathology
– Demonstrated skills and abilities in household management, leisure activities and social skills
– Good oral and written communication skills
– Sound judgment, good problem solving skills, solid interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to clients, families and others in the community
– Able to travel and work independently and as a member of a team in various community locations
– Ablitity to work flexible hours and shift work schedules as assigned
– Basic computer skills
– Demonstrated regular attendance at work
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
This position shall be conditional upon a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) where indicated, to ensure the absence of relevant criminal convictions.
Offers of employment made to external candidates are conditional upon providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination as per the SJCG Immunization Policy IMS-04-005or proof of valid medical exemption, prior to the offered effective date. If proof of vaccination or valid medical exemption is not provided, the offer of employment is rescinded.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.