St. Joseph's Care Group
580 Algoma Street North
– Certificate of Registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
– BScN preferred
– Certificate in CPR
– Long Term Care experience
– Gerontology nursing experience
– Leadership experience preferred
– Excellent physical assessment skills
– Recent experience in the administration of medications
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Excellent communication
– Evidence of continuing professional development experience
– Demonstrated regular attendance at work
For new employees, or current employees transferring into a Long Term Care position from outside of Long Term Care, this position requires the submission and acceptance by Human Resources of a Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector Check that is issued for St. Joseph’s Care Group (SJCG) and is determined to be negative and/or pose no significant risk to St. Joseph’s Care Group and its clients..
St. Joseph Care Group is known for living its values of Care, Compassion and Commitment. We are continuing a tradition that began more than 130 years ago of meeting the unmet needs of the people of Northwestern Ontario. Located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, we provide services in addictions & mental health, rehabilitative care & chronic disease management, and seniors’ health. We have openings for temporary and permanent full time Registered Nurses at Hogarth Riverview Manor and Bethammi Nursing Home.