Smart Modular Canada
Smart Modular Canada is a modular buildings manufacturer. From micro homes to hotels, we build to last. We are a fast-growing energetic company building quality homes and buildings for all Northern Ontario and beyond. Our philosophy is one of a family atmosphere with great people to work with. We offer a climate-controlled experience when working within the factory, with competitive wages, a benefit plan, and soon, a retirement program. Here skilled craftspeople have a regular schedule, are not dependent on weather conditions, and do not have the headaches associated with repair/emergency work. Come build your future with us!
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a skilled Mechanic to assemble, maintain and repair tools, machinery, and vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of tools, machines, engines, and mechanical systems. An excellent mechanic must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
· Inspect tools, machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
· Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
· Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
· Perform thorough maintenance on tools, machinery, equipment, and systems
· Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
· Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
· Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
· Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g., repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
· Keep logs of work and report on issues
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
· High school diploma is preferred. Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus.
· Valid certification (e.g., ASE) is preferred
· Proven experience as Mechanic
· Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical, and other systems and their components
· Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
· Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
· A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
· Very good communication skills
· A problem-solving ability
· Have their own set of specialty tools required
· Very good physical strength and stamina