EACOM Timber Corporation
At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
Currently, EACOM is looking to hire 10 full-time / permanent employees to fill general labourer positions with our organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate production equipment as assigned
- Stack and strap lumber bundles outdoors
- Perform production and assembly processes within the facility
- Ensure smooth flow of processes throughout the sawmill
- Perform maintenance and housekeeping duties as instructed
- Clean-up work areas during work stoppages
- Perform other related duties
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Focused on safety standards while producing quality products
- Must have the capacity to satisfactorily perform all the duties and responsibilities associated with the manufacturing of the final product as well as having a thorough understanding of the processes used
- Must be able to work in an environment that may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions
- Ability to meet physical demands including walking, standing, sitting, stairs, bending and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work as part of a team & communicate with all levels of the organization
- Previous industrial experience, in a sawmill is an asset
Wage: $29.17 per hour plus overtime pay after 40 hours per week / shift premium for weekend work (as outlined in the collective agreement)
Hours: 10 hour shifts. Shift rotation (as applicable): days, afternoons, nights and weekends
Benefits: Life and disability insurance, dental and vision benefits, pension plan, extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription medication, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
Vacation: 2 weeks per year / 4%
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment. The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.
If you are interested in this position, and you feel as though you’d be a competent addition to our staff, please apply by visiting our company website: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/EACOMTimberCorporation/743999738368054-production-technicians