Registered Nurse – Thunder Bay Make “being the difference” your Career. FAST APPLY on company website
Bayshore is looking for passionate and caring Registered Nurses to join our amazing team.
We value our Bayshore Registered Nurses with:
• Competitive wages
• Extended Health Benefits
• Paid sick days, orientation and training
• Competitive travel compensation
• Flexible work schedules
• Growth Opportunities
• Company provided Mobile devices for easy documentation/communication.
• Easy Access to supportive managers and schedulers
- Arrange and/or provide client care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling and health teaching; report any unusual circumstances to the branch office or to the immediate supervisor.
• Develop and review nursing care plans that are individualized to each client.
• Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
• Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
• Perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency have been completed.
• Observe and document client conditions according to Bayshore Home Health standards.
• Receive and transcribe physician’s orders.
Provide direction, support and delegation to Licensed/Registered Practical Nurses and unlicensed Field employees as appropriate.
• Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
• Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
• Complete other tasks as requested.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and current registration with the provincial licensing body.
• The position also requires a solid knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of community nursing.
• At least two years of recent experience, preferably in a community setting; new grads may be considered for hire on an individual basis, providing they meet all other hiring criteria and that a mentorship program is implemented and that the new grad is closely supervised.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
As Canada’s largest and best homecare company, join us as we continue our 50+ year tradition of supporting our Nurses to make “being the difference” a Career!
Bayshore is In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code.