Cook / Chef de Partie
Red Lion Smokehouse
Red Lion Smokehouse is a busy and upbeat bar and restaurant located in Thunder Bay’s Waterfront District. We focus on craft beer and home smoked food. Our new location has 140+ seats and includes 2 patios, bar, lounge and dining room.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about good food wants to be part of a close-knit team in a fast paced environment.
About the role:
- The chef de partie is responsible for running their section, preparing and stocking their station before service, ensuring that dishes from their station go out on time and the work area remains clean and orderly.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Run & manage section on a day to day basis
- Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked according to the standards of Red Lion Smokehouse
- Rotate and control stock within your section of the kitchen
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are completed as appropriate
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions
- Comply with hygiene, food labelling and temperature control standards
- Follow all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are carefully adhered to and enforce strict health and hygiene standards
- All other key areas and tasks as required by the Head Chef or equivalent
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate an up to date and in depth understanding of the industry
- Continually strive to achieve personal goals and objectives
- Lead by example and offer clear direction to team
Ability to learn and share product knowledge with team members
- Be uncompromising in achieving Red Lion Smokehouse standards
- Communicate efficiently and clearly to their team
- Multi-task and operate in a high pressure / fast paced environment
- Strong numeracy and communication skills
Working at Red Lion Smokehouse:
- This role pays $14.00/hour + weekly tip out
- All staff receive a daily staff meal and/or menu discount
- Uniform and PPE provided
- We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants
- We hire people who want to grow, learn, and develop, and aspire to be part of something incredible from all walks of life.
If this sounds good to you, and you fancy a challenge then get in touch!