Member Service Representative – Thunder Bay
Rapport Credit Union
405 James Street South
About Rapport Credit Union
Rapport Credit Union is a new kind of financial institution. Unlike the big banks, we spend the time required to get to know our members because they’re more than just customers to us. We want to give our members the right advice and a plan that will enable them to live the life they desire. We take the same approach with our people. As an organization, we’re here to help you build the career you want so you can live the life you want. Our focus on work-life balance gives our people competitive benefits packages, flexible work hours and tuition reimbursement, as well as exclusive member benefits. We take pride in understanding your goals and aspirations and doing whatever we can to help you get there.
The Member Service Representative will be responsible for providing exceptional service to Rapport members by performing cash and non-cash transactions through a limited range of financial services while also promoting our products and services, ensuring security measures taken at all times. The incumbent will promote all of Rapport’s products and services and resolve any member issues within set standards and timelines.
- Provides outstanding member service by developing strong member relationships.
- Operates and balances cash, processes deposits, cheques and other transactions according to established procedures and performance standards with speed and accuracy.
- Resolves member inquiries, concerns or complaints in a professional and understanding manner ensuring the needs of the members and the credit union are met.
- Achieves individual sales/referral goals through internal solicitation following established relationship sales techniques. Explores member’s financial service needs and recommends appropriate products and services with the features and benefits and completes quality referrals.
- Ensures that security measures are in place at all times. Adheres to guidelines on hold funds and money laundering.
- Maintains an up-to-date in-depth knowledge of all Credit Union deposit products and services and relevant policies and legislation with a general knowledge of lending products.
- Consistently applies all risk and due diligence policies, practices and procedures. Adheres to Credit Union’s Privacy Code at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma or equivalent work experience with at least one year in a financial institution or retail business with experience handling cash.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to recognize and act upon opportunities for cross selling products and services that meet member’s needs.
- Strong communication skills and organizational skills with the ability to complete paperwork in an orderly fashion.