PSC Reception Clerk (temporary – F/T)
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
PSC Reception Clerk Reporting to the Supervisor, Client Services is responsible for supporting customer self-serve enablement and screen customers, clerical work and organization of various office duties. This position will be the first point of contact for customers and will be welcoming and ensure a positive experience, whether the interaction occurs in person or over the telephone. Behave as brand ambassadors – represent the best version of LifeLabs authentically. The term of this position may vary between 3 to 6 months depending on the requirement.
- Welcome customers with undivided attention and make them feel safe.
- Screen customers and manage long line ups outside the centre to ensure social distancing and other COVID prevention etiquette is being met.
- Be required to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Promote SMS and demonstrate functionality to customers.
- Support confidentiality in all areas of our related work.
- Represent LifeLabs in a professional and positive manner.
- Ensures a safe, comfortable, efficient and personalized experience while visiting our LifeLabs locations.
- Receive patient drop offs.
- Filing and faxing as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Available to work Monday to Saturday; shifts may vary from morning, afternoon and evening based on requirements
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Outlook
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to relate positively to customers
- Ability to wear PPE for extended periods of time
- Embraces problems with a can-do attitude and calm and measured approach striving to solve and continuously improve.
- Thrives in dynamic and changing environments
- Puts safety first, including demonstrating appropriate infection control
- Appreciates that safety, privacy and security are mandatory for customers and non-negotiable, ensures the customers feel confident we take this seriously.
- Demonstrates safety first and high quality by complying with all procedures
- Excels in attention to detail and meeting customer expectations
- Enjoys caring for people, ensuring they feel valued and has the best experience possible
- Calm and measured approach to problems as they arrive with a problem solving mindset ensures the issues are acknowledged, addressed and followed up with.
- Thrives in dynamic work environments; embraces change when it delivers improvements and effortless experience for both the customer and employee; understands customers’ expectations evolve and we must adapt to deliver
- Well versed with LifeLabs communication channels and stays current with any news and updates.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Clerical, Temporary, Business Development, Receptionist, Laboratory, Administrative, Contract, Sales, Science