Youth Intervention Worker – Pikangikum
Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation
1805 Arthur St E
NISHNAWBE-ASKI LEGAL SERVICES CORPORATION
Youth Intervention Worker (Pikangikum, ON)
• Excellent Oral Communication, and writing skills
• Have a genuine interest in seeing Youth develop and succeed.
• Excellent Computer Proficiency
• High Degree of Professionalism & Discretion
• Needs little supervision
• Self-Starter, Self-Motivated
• Ability to communicate in Ojibway language is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend Restorative Justice Circles as a resource person or facilitate Restorative Justice Circles when needed.
• Assist in the development of plans for special activities, individualized work placements and/or restitution activities in meetings with the case manager, and other relevant stakeholders.
• To monitor and supervise these plans towards their successful completion.
• To encourage the use of Restorative Justice alternatives wherever possible.
• To provide positive preventative activities each month to the Youth.
• Ensure that all clients report according to the terms of their orders.
• Follow-up on any counseling or referrals required as per supervision plans, deferred custody orders, and report progress to the case manager.
• Report any violations of terms, conditions or requirements of probation or other orders of agreements to the case manager within 48 hours.
• Report any significant changes/crisis events which impact the young person, family, or community as a whole within 48 hours.
• Identify any areas of concern, or non-compliance with program participation to the individual youth’s supervising Probation Officer immediately.
• The worker will be required to facilitate the HUB programming and community presentations when asked
• If the Youth Justice worker is unavailable to attend court for any reason the YI is to attend and speak on client matters and give updates
Location: Pikangikum, ON
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: Salary plus benefits commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Until Filled
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
Human Resources, Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation,
1805 Arthur St E, Thunder Bay, ON, P7E 2R6
Tel: 1-800-465-5581 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NALSC invites applications from qualified members of NAN. Please indicate in your cover letter how you meet the criteria for the position and whether you are a NAN member. We thank all candidates for their interest; however,
only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Nishnawbe-Aski Legal Services Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with
disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information, please visit our website: www.nanlegal.on.ca