Mechanic Shop Helper
H.C Transport is a family run company. We are offering a part time/ full time position. This individual must be extremely organized, be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and be available to work Monday to Friday with alternating Saturdays. Wage will be determined based on experience. If you think you have the skills to be part of our team, please apply via email.
- Help clean, organize, and maintain when needed shop tools to ensure they are in good working order.
- Clean up shop areas, dispose of waste materials properly, and organize tools and equipment.
- Assisting mechanics when needed – lifting heavy parts, holding components in place and passing tools.
- Clean inside of transport trucks when needed.
- Yard clean up when necessary.
- Ensuring a safe working environment by following safety protocols.
- Complete paperwork when required.
- Flexible to perform other miscellaneous duties, as required, to meet business goals.
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Be physically fit to lift, bend and work with heavy vehicle components.
- Good organizational/housekeeping skills
- Ability to work independently, willingness to learn, execute task at hand in timely manner.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written with ability to communicate persuasively.
- Accountable and responsible – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Must have knowledge of Transport Trucks and log trailers – mechanically inclined.
- Previous customer service experience is an asset.
- Knowing how to operate a Forklift.
- Valid Drivers Licence and own transportation.