J. Provost contracting ltd.
Location: Wawa, ON
Terms of Employment: Permanent- Seasonal
Description: The truck driver has the responsibility to operate trucks and to transport equipment, goods and materials.
· Oversee cargo handling and secure loads, including equipment preparation, application of safe practices, compliance with applicable Acts and regulations
· Perform trip inspections on equipment operated and load, ensuring safety and roadworthiness
· Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, carriage of goods, driver’s hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, highway traffic act, permits, etc.
· Safely maneuver trucks into loading for unloading, following signals/directions from crew as needed;
· Inspect vehicles/truck/trailers/etc. before operating to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
· Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
· Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
· Operate communication equipment/tools to exchange necessary information with dispatcher, supervisors, or other drivers.
· Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable regulations.
· Record and maintain required documentation including driver logbook, bills of lading, etc.
· Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly secured.
Other duties as may be assigned within the reasonable scope of work of the position
· Certification from recognized Truck Driving School
· Valid Class A or Class D driver’s license
· Air brake endorsement (Z)
· Must adhere to company’s health, safety and environmental reporting and assessing standard
· Working in and around heavy machinery
· Candidates must be able to perform physical work outdoors in all weather conditions
· Good communication skills
· The candidate must successfully complete a site pre-employment drug test as per the company policy
· Strong team player
· May be required to perform work out of town
· 50-55 hours per week (according to production/contractual demands)
· Vacation and Statutory Holidays as per policy H.R.M. 02.07
To apply please forward resume to Ashley Coombs; email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org