J. Provost Contracting Ltd.
Location: Wawa, ON
Terms of Employment: Full-Time
Description: The Operation Manager plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the operations. Ensure customer service to the quality standards of the Company.
- Manage all aspects of Branch Operations at a high-level including efficiency, cost control, inventory management, ensuring full compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Promotes and leads safety and environmental compliance at all times by ensuring that all safety and environmental policies and procedures are enforced.
- Mentor and support Managers/Superintendents/Supervisors at their respective locations.
- Discovers and secures opportunities with customers.
- Manage quality control and assurance to ensure consistent operating performance.
- Analyze internal processes, identify potential opportunities for increased efficiency and make recommendations to meet compliance and/or streamline work.
- Identify and recommend process improvements to the President and Engineering Department.
- Ensure facility operations are conducted in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings on a regular basis and provide support as needed.
- Develop and manage relationships with customer contacts, facilitating customer service and satisfaction.
- Identify and participate in the implementation of new business opportunities and service additions.
- Ensures that all reporting requirements are met and reports are accurate.
- Recommend capital projects for facility improvements and cost savings.
- Participate in hiring Management and Supervisory employees. Provide leadership to operations staff. Communicate area, divisional and
- Company initiatives to Superintendents/Supervisors/Managers.
- Ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality service to meet or exceed customer expectations and service standards.
- Coach to improve the customer experience and interact with customers to obtain feedback on their experience.
- Provide quick and effective responses and resolution to customer complaints ensuring that the problem resolution standards are understood and followed by all staff within your area of responsibility.
- Communicate and ensure understanding of Company’s business goals, values, and strategies to Superintendent/Supervisors/Managers and Support Staff.
- Motivate and coach the team to achieve their performance goals and support the Company’s objectives ensuring recognition of accomplishments.
- Empower and encourage staff participation in decision making and innovation.
- Guide employees to the resources and tools available that address customer, personal and organizational issues, queries and goals.
- Ensure Managers/Supervisors/Superintendents are effectively trained to perform new procedures.
- Monitor to ensure new procedures are followed and training is utilized.
- Other duties as may be assigned within the reasonable scope of work of the position
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5 years in a management or senior supervisory role.
- Experience with the development of policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of business, finance and management principles.
- Bilingual written and verbal communication would be an asset
- Developed problem solving skills sufficient to identify problems, generate solutions and decide on a course of action.
- Ability to monitor employee satisfaction, identify deteriorating situations and take action.
- Ability to evaluate solutions in terms of business, financial and customer impacts.
- Basic people management skills to perform recruitment activities, develop employee capability, manage performance, coach, apply and explain HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain a service environment focused on exceeding the customer’s expectations.
- Proven leadership skills to develop and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment leading to the achievement of business goals and superior performance.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- The candidate must successfully complete a site pre-employment drug test as per the company policy
- Willing to travel; Must possess a valid driver’s license
To apply please forward resume to Ashley Coombs; email@example.com