Grief Support Program Assistant, NOHFC Intern
has a one year internship position available.
The intern will be responsible for providing support to the Hospice Northwest’s Grief Program, by:
• Planning and facilitating monthly grief workshops
• Presenting instructional programming to area schools. Additionally, the intern would deliver information on grief support to teachers and educators that will help them when a student experiences the loss of someone close to them.
• Assisting in the development, coordination and implementation of Compassionate Communities engagement strategies
• Assisting in the development of a Grief Toolkit. This toolkit will be shared with employers in Thunder Bay and District and will equip employers with practical tips to help a grieving employee after a death
• Assist in any other duties related to the ongoing operation of the grief support program
Qualifications: Graduates of a post-secondary program (college or university) in Social Work, Gerontology, Nursing, Psychology or other related fields of study
• Applicants must be new entrants into the work force, or are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field;
• Have not previously participated in a NOHFC-funded internship;
• Are at least 18 years of age; and
• Reside, and be legally entitled to work, in Canada.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2022
Please submit applications by 4:30 PM on June 10, 2022 to: Hospice Northwest, 63 Carrie Street, Thunder Bay, ON P7A 4J2.
Fax: 807-626-5574, email: Cherie@hospicenorthwest.ca