Hastings Painting Corporation
3780 Tecumseh Rd. E.
Hastings Painting Corp is looking for Sandblasters/Spray Painters, for a bridge rehabilitation project in Fort Frances, starting July 2021.
In this role, the sandblaster/spray painter will be responsible for the daily start up procedures and safety while on site.
The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in blast cleanliness standards including SSPC-SP and NACE standards etc. and must be familiar with blast techniques and equipment required to sandblast structural steel on bridges.
• Must be available to work for project duration( July- December)
• Minimum 5 years of direct work experience in the Sandblasting and protective coating industry. Preference to be given to candidates with experience applying zinc rich primers, epoxy and urethane coatings
• Working knowledge of high volume industrial abrasive blasting equipment, compressors, negative air equipment and Graco air assisted airless sprayers
• Capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must hold valid safety training certificates (working at heights, fall arrest and lead on construction projects). We will provide refresher training as required.
• Ability to work 10 hour days 5-6 days per week
• Hourly rate starting from $25 -32/hour. Based on skill, ability and experience
• Meal Allowance and accommodations will be provided during project for out of town workers.